Avenga is a global IT and digital transformation champion. We deliver strategy, customer experience, solution engineering, managed services, software products and outsourcing services like: staff augmentation, team leasing and permanent employment.Together, we are more than 2500 professionals with over 20 years of experience. We are present in Europe, Asia and the USA.
Miejsce pracy: woj. warmińsko-mazurskie
Nr ref.: LP/AS/ZD/10
Nr ref.: LP/AS/ZD/10
Main responsibility would be to review conduct a SCE (Scientific Clinical Environment) Project Transition and define operational responsibilities.
- 10 years of experience
- Manage database changes through change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
- Respond promptly to incident, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties.
- Monitor & measure the performance & availability of database systems proactively; implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & availability.
- Monitor the agreed service level, document & maintain the configuration of the databases; provide regular reporting to relevant parties.
- Ensure service level meet requirement. Propose and implement action plan when required.
- Monitor databases according to standard operations procedures.
- Support service continuity measures, i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
- Conduct root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures. Monitor effectiveness of implemented measures.
- Provide database systems related technical advice to customers or project teams for manageable issues.
- Provide database access path related technical support and advice to the application team.
- Adhere to security standards or best practices to avoid security breaches and reduce system vulnerability.
- Provide input to security audits (as required) and implement the necessary corrective/preventive actions.
- Perform daily database health-check and maintenance
- Maintain high availability databases
- Perform database creation/configuration, patches, migration and version upgrades
- Perform database performance analysis and tuning, as well as capacity planning
- Perform database backup and recovery
- Provide technical assistance and advice to application teams
- Co-ordinate with internal IT and escalate to vendors for timely response/recovery where needed
- To provide 24x7 support, including but not limited to weekend maintenance
- Core experience in one of the following DBMS and some knowledge in other (eg.Oracle 8i/10g/11g/12c)
- Experience in SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/2014/2016
- Experience in Oracle Data Guard/Real Application Cluster(RAC)
- Experience in SQL Server C lustering/Replication/Mirroring/AlwaysOn
- Experience in troubleshooting, diagnose and recover from database issues
- Experience in performance monitoring and tuning
- A good work experience in open source databases such as MariaDB, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills and able to work independently with minimal supervision